Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Colouring - Magical Jungle

Another one of Johanna Bashford's books - Magical Jungle is a great collection of images to colour.
The paper takes wet media well so I've been using the Inktense pencils, Derwent WC pencils and NeoColors quite extensively. 



https://www.amazon.ca/Magical-Jungle-Expedition-Coloring-Adults/dp/0143109006/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508795989&sr=8-1&keywords=magical+jungle+coloring+book





Some areas in the double spread have pencil layered over the water media. I was concerned that the paper is too saturated to take more water media






This beautiful pattern is done with only pencils. I had thought of adding a background colour when I first started, but I think in the end the white is the best colour for that.



I like the paper in this book. It was the first one to be published using the paper developed specifically for her books. I like the weight of it, the way it takes the media I enjoy using and also the white that is not quite a bright white. It works well as a background colour.


No comments: