Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Floral Fresh Greetings

A little birthday greeting for a friend - another spring birthday!

This time I used the 'Summer' digital stamp from Lili of The Valley.

For this card I decided to remove the outer frame/border all together for a more 'open' look. Instead I blended some pigment inks onto the edges of the card to act as a frame.




The image was coloured using Derwent water colour pencils and colour pencils and I added a variety of die cut and punched pieces.




I used tiny flower punches and floral sequins as embellishments so as not to overwhelm the beautifully delicate sketched digital image.




For the polka dots on the dress, I mimicked the dotted designer paper using Tulip dimension fabric paint. Only do you see that squiggle on her shoulder? That was a mistake...the paint leaked out as I was getting ready to place that first dot! Yikes! I decided to leave it. It almost looks like it was intended to look like that!

All I can say is that if you're going to make a mistake, this is probably the best kind of mistake to make!



I bought the whole set of Seasons Girl digital Stamps and look forward to colouring the rest of them.

No comments: