Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Merry Christmas - Robin's Wishes

For the second Christmas card for this year, I kept the same layout format as the one for that Mischievous Cat card.



I used the Silhouette Cameo to cut the circles and draw a few snowflakes using a doodlebat font and a silver pen. This time I used the 'Random Dots' embossing folder by Echo Park. I thought the randomly spaced and sized dots mimic snow nicely.
I added a little ink blending to the areas directly behind the birds on the A2 cardbase and mounted the panel with foam to the card front. The birds were also attached with foam so I could perch them in the holes. I like the dimension this gives while still ending up with a flat card that is sturdy and easy to mail. All the images were coloured using coloured pencils and I added a little bit of glitter to the birds' hats for festive cheer.



For the inside I used a 'basic' sentiment and image. This cat looks so very pleased with itself. I coloured it to look like the cat in the house this is going to...
A strip of washi tape finishes the bottom of the card off nicely and carries on the theme of 'presents' while a bit of glitter on the sentiment's heart shape adds sparkle.




The images and sentiment are from the Penny Black 'Winter Wonderland' set.




I have used this set many times over, with a few projects showcased here on the blog. The images are also very good for decorating writing paper. I would like to try using the birds to make fabric too. But that may have to wait for another year!
So many ideas, so little time!

No comments: