Wednesday, October 14, 2015

New Home Box Card

When I heard relatives were moving, I set the brain to work on a 'congrats on your new home' card. But then I thought I would like to make a card that can be a bit of a decoration for a week or two as well...
The answer to that is a box card and the images just had to come from my Art Impressions 'Try-Fold' stamps. They were perfect for the job. I combined two sets (images below) for my card.


The size of the box was based on what I could get out of an 11" piece of card stock, and I just took it from there.

I sprayed the entire white card base with alcohol inks to break up the stark white. I even cut out the house scene. I liked the splattered sky more than the one I had painted. It is too funny how a little run in the ink makes it look like a bit of smoke is coming out of the chimney.



Altogether I have 6 levels on the box, with 2 inserts.






Naturally it took quite a while to plan, colour, cut and put together, but I really enjoyed making it.

These cute little birds make me smile...they are having such fun!


I hope these folks are very very happy in their new home...and I look forward to visiting them and seeing it for myself! Whoooot!



The Art Impressions Sets used :

Garden




and Lakehouse




I am entering this into the Rubber Dance October Challenge

2 comments:

Bibi Lindahl said...

This has got to be the most gorgeous box card I have ever seen!
Thank you so much for joining our October challenge. Nice to see you again :)

Majo said...

Beautiful and so very detailed, love it!! Thanks so much for joining us at our monthly challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps!

Majo - DT ♥