Wednesday, September 16, 2015

It Must Be Autumn....

When I start reaching for the knitting...it must be getting cooler! Now I will gladly knit all year round, only this past summer was so hot and dry (nope not complaining, just saying ;-) ) that knitting was not on my schedule at all...

But the moment the weather changed and the air turned crisp I broke out the needles. I've done 2 projects, but the other was a test knit, so I'll post that as soon as the pattern goes live.

Here is the first project : finger less mittens for a friend's birthday. I used the same pattern I used for these beauties HERE. It was a bit of a hum and aaaahhh to decide which pattern to use, but in the end this one got the most votes.

I'm so pleased with the result. I think they are beautiful and hope my friend likes them too! I used Red Heart 'Unforgettable' in the Stained Glass colourway. I might try and get another pair out of the same ball of yarn. Even if I have to leave off a few rows at the end!



The pattern for these mittens are available HERE, on Ravelry

No comments: