Saturday, April 18, 2015

Summer - Lighthouse and Ocean Decor

It is a good thing we live by the ocean. I always want to use ocean themed decor in the house for summer and living by the ocean just makes it feel more appropriate to me.

So naturally when it came for making some decor items for a corner table I turned to a cut file set by SVG Cuts. "Seaside" I knew I wanted to make (all!) of the items in this kit, the moment I saw it.



For my version I decided to use rubber stamps to make a 'pattern paper' for the accents on my buildings, while staying with the traditional red, blue and white nautical colours.





The lighthouse keeper's cottage is decorated with stamps by Prima 'Seashore', 'Down By The Seaside' by Inkadinkado and the Graphic 45 'By The Sea' stamp set by Hampton Art. (I got mine at Jo-Anns, but don't see these listed there right now)




The windows are cut from vellum, and since the house is also a box, LED tealight 'candles' can be placed inside to illuminate the cottage.




Shells, made from polymer clay, decorate the front of the house. The blue cardstock  has a linen finish that adds great texture and the panels on the roof are embossed to have a 'tiled roof' look.





For the lighthouse I used the same blue cardstock, stamps and white pigment ink.




More embossed panels at the base of the light house add interest.




While the roof panels are both stamped and embossed. This portion of the lighthouse can hold an LED tealight 'candle' as well. The vellum windows allowing the light to glow through. (hmmm I see I managed to get sea sand onto the lighthouse too. That is from the real shells in the display!)








Here's a look at the new SVG Cuts release :  Spring Blossoms. That spring blossoms pop up card is so very very pretty and the details on the pieces are a feast for the eyes!

  Click HERE to learn how to get 'Spring Blossoms' free with purchase.




Have a great weekend, and happy paper crafting!

No comments: