Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Thinking of You - Birthday Card

I love pansies! They have such bright colours and such happy faces. In 'my language' we call them 'gesiggies' "little faces"

I really like this stamp set my sister gave me for Christmas last year. It has several pansy images (she's my sister, she KNOWS me ;-) ) and is right up my street!

I started with kraft cardstock and a  wood grain background stamp by Heidi Swapp stamping with brown pigment ink. I coloured the pots of flowers with coloured pencils and popped one of them with a little foam tape. The sentiment  is by Bo Bunny. I added a piece of doily so the pots are not floating away...and that pretty much was it. Very simple, but cheerful and colourful and will carry birthday wishes just fine!



I stamped another image from the same stamp set 'Pansy' by Papermania at Docrafts, onto the envelope and added colour to that. Who knows but that a happy envelope may brighten a postal worker's day!?!



I've been working on knitting projects and another paper project, all of which I'll be showing you in due time!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: