Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Bolero - For The Sweetest Little 'Strawberry'

This was an impromptu knit. A designer -Gabrielle Danskknit- over at Ravelry was looking for more modeled examples of her patterns. I thought the happy fresh and fun pattern will be perfect for 'Strawberry' the sweet girl of friends.
I found the perfect yarn at Michaels - Red Heart Gumdrop in the 'Smoothie' colourway. It knitted up really quickly. Granted I did have an audio book on the go, so that I was happy to sit still in one place for a few hours at a time to knit. It also helped that is was weekend and it is one of my favourite ways to spend a Sunday afternoon. I've never knitted garments like this on round needles all in 'one go' and it was interesting to see it grow in my hands.

Here's what it looked like - front


and back - aren't those puffed sleeves darling?




and on our little model...Mom took these gorgeous pictures of Strawberry in her new bolero. I hope it'll last her well, as it is a tad big and loose fitting at this time. Hopefully it will fit now in spring and again in fall when the weather turns cool.



Isn't she the cutest thing you ever saw?



You can find the pattern for this HERE
Thank Mama for the gorgeous pictures! Love you all lots!

No comments: