Saturday, May 9, 2009

An Early Mother's Day Gift

Pictures/previews for this page have been removed due to Designers retiring and stores closing

Not again! That was my first thought when I heard the sound of a bird hitting the large picture window...this time it was a female Rufous Hummingbird. I picked her up and held her warm and cozy in my hand until she revived, allowing me time to take these pictures. She recovered quickly and soon was buzzing around as if nothing had happened...but I feel like I had been given a special treat and privilege, holding her thus in a safe place.


I used Cathy Bretz' "Delicate" Page set for this. The tag was made using one of Cathy's papers and a distressed chipboard style by Cheryl Barber. (ScrapGirls) The date stamp is by Amber Clegg (Scrapartist) and the alpha is Kimberly Stewart's 'Rusted Chipped Alpha" I also added an "Elegant Border" overlay, by Rina Kroes, to the right side of the bg. The staples are also by Rina.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I am glad the hummer was ok! I can't imagine holding one in your hands! Great page to share your story!