Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Seaside Holiday Memories

Pictures/previews for this page have been removed due to Designers retiring and stores closing

When the last letter arrived from my mom last week (yes, she writes, and she writes regularly, long wonderful, chatty letters! and at 80 something her writing is as neat and as steady as ever it was!)...but back to the last letter : it contained more negatives! yay! Included this time is the one of my sister on her little chair, featured in the Joyful Awakening LO a couple posts back, as well as a few coloured film negatives....hmmmm it was not until the images appeared on the computer screen, that I recognized them!

Oh the memories! A family holiday, now with just my brother and I, both sisters were 'out of the house' by now, and Mom and Dad.

I immediately knew how I wanted to scrap them as the colours reminded me of Rina Kroes' "Tropical Sunset" page set. I went one step further though and used her 12x12 Quick Page Album. (Previews and links at the end of the post!)

I like this page as is....but I also started adding additional elements......


till I ended up with this...and now I can't decide which one I like best! LOL (click images for credits)


This picture needed some help, so I decided that we would have an interesting page even if the picture leaves 'some' to be desired (Mom tried to fit us as well as the seal into the picture!)


and then there was this picture, of our 'new' car...and lots of memories associated with our vehicles, came to me. That is something I never really thought about before. I also noticed the (small) size of that Jacaranda tree behind the car. I remember that tree being HUGE.


I have more LO's....but maybe I'll show you those another day....maybe...
Here is Tropical Sunset with the most wonderful colours!



and here is the 12x12 album. There is also a 4x6 album (and yes I've used quite a few pages from that one too ;-) )


I might just get to like using Quick Pages, they sure speed up the scrapping process!
I'm off to finish a page and do some work on a drawing...catch you all later!

No comments: